Wednesday, April 30, 2008

She Ain't What She Used to Be

Last night I decided to curl up on my bed with a good book. I was waiting for my 9 o'clock show to come on so I had a little downtime to get cozy and relax. There I was, getting caught up in my book, when I heard a strange sound coming from the bathroom that sounded like dripping water. Immediately my thoughts went to my dog. I launched myself off of the bed and ran to the bathroom, horrified at what I saw. There was Sash, head in the toilet, lapping up the water. As I yelled her name, she casually lifted her head and looked at me with a dopey "what" look on her face while droplets rolled off her chin. NEVER have I seen my dog even try to make an attempt to drink the toilet water. What made it worse, was the fact that the toilet had been occupied by an "anonymous" person just minutes before. Gross, Sash! I couldn't believe it!

Either she's finally gone senile or these last few seizures she's had have rewired her brain completely. Not only do I now have to watch her around toilets but the trash cans as well. We found out this week that she feels no convictions about going through the trash cans looking for goodies. Used tissues seem to be a favorite of hers. SICK. Yes, my dog is a dumpster diver. It's gotten to the point that we now have to keep all trash cans out of her reach. A few nights ago I had a 3a.m. wake up call when I heard strange "ruffled" sounds coming from the family room. I went to investigate and found my dog with her head in the trash can munching on tissues.

That's NOT a twinkie with cream, Sash.

No comments: