Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Manure Mouth

It is what it is. My dog likes to snack on cow poop. Lovely.

My dad re-seeded the backyard yesterday, along with fertilizing it and placing a couple bags of manure over it. My dad called me out there last night to check it out and as I was admiring his work I glanced over my shoulder and there was Sash munching on clods of manure. I suppose all hopes of a WKC win are out the window now. I attempted to correct her behavior the Cesar Millan way and thought I was doing a good job of it but my dog is persistent in her own "special" way. As I couldn't trust her out there I brought her in the house with me but when I went back out to check the steaks on the grill, "you know who" was right on my heels. While I was oohing and aahing over the juicy meat, Sash had snuck away to her corner of the yard, working on her own little feast. As I got closer to her I could see the crazy cow eye spark in her eyes and she just froze. I reached out to grab her and she dodged to the left. I lunged to the left and she skedaddled to the right. She had turned into a crazy cattle dog! I tell you, there are very few times I have seen her stick her rear to the ground and take off running like that. It was like a firecracker had lit her tail on fire. She was on her own little mission.

Anywho, last night she coughed up a manure clod just like a cat coughing up a hairball. Once again---lovely. This morning as I went to feed Sash I glanced in her water bowl to check the level and all across the bottom of her bowl were tidbits of manure. Nothing like cleansing the pallet.

My dog---the cow pattie queen.

No comments: