Thursday, April 17, 2008

Don't laugh.....

Oh my goodness, I thought I was going to burst with laughter! We have clients in this week and one of them stopped by my desk this morning for a simple request. After giving him my answer on the matter I figured that was the end of the conversation. Oh, so wrong. The next thing I know he's diving into his life story.

First off, he had me at a disadvantage as I was sitting in my chair while he was towering over me. So there I am with my neck craned back just to look this guy in the eye. Second off, as he's giving me the rundown of his entire life history all I can think about in the back of my head is---I really don't care. As he was comparing himself to a fellow co-worker and describing him as a little Irish man with red hair I could feel the bubble in my throat rising. Especially when he asked me if I thought they were comparable in size. How am I supposed to answer that?! Ummm........how bout' another intelligent nod of the head. I could FEEL the laughter at the top of my throat and all I could think was, "Don't laugh girl, DO NOT LAUGH......"

It didn't help matters when my sister went walking by during his conversation. As I was imagining what my sister was thinking, I could feel the bubble of laughter rising in my throat once again and had to continue repeating in my head, "DO NOT LAUGH, DO NOT........" in a very serious tone.

Somehow I got through the conversation without cracking a smile and giving clue to my true emotions. Hollywood, here I come!

No comments: