Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Ol' Ball Game

Yesterday afternoon I had the wonderful opportunity to skip out on work and head downtown for a ball game. The weather was perfect, the game was good, and whichever direction your eyes chose to roam you were bound to find some source of entertainment.

Around the 7th inning I happened to glance over at my brother and couldn't help but let out a laugh. There he sat with his hands cupped around his eyes, as make-shift binoculars. (Because you can see so much better like that---per our Grandma. Pahhh!) Hilarious! My sister and I couldn't help but laugh at his antics. And of course, I couldn't help myself. I leaned across my sister and casually asked him if he might share his "binoculars" with me. He happily passed them off to me and I then placed them on my own eyes. Use your imagination. Let me tell you, I got a beautiful close-up of the outfielder. Good times!

Oh yes, let me not forget to tell you about this. An older gentleman sitting in front of me took the 7th inning stretch to heart. We were all sitting in our seats when the next thing I know---BAM--- his fist was a breath away from making contact with my face. Apparently he forgot about the people sitting behind him during his dire need to stretch out the ol' joints. As I leaned back in my seat to prevent contact with his fist he seemed to lean even farther into his stretch. I glanced over at my sister and I think we both shared the "what in the world" look. Talk about awkward. I thought he'd never finish his stretch.

No comments: