Monday, April 14, 2008

Shakin' Like a Leaf

I've come to the realization that caffeine and I just don't get along. Friday night found us down at our favorite fried fish joint in Phoenix and when it came to choosing my drink I thought I would do a good thing and skip the soda. Instead, I chose iced tea. Smart choice, right? NOT! Even though I filled my cup to the rim with ice I still consumed too much iced tea for my body to handle. I got the shakes that night.

As I was in my parents room later that evening I felt like I was going to pass out (and I couldn't blame it on bad fish). As I said good-night to my mom I turned around, dropped to the floor and crawled across the house to my bedroom. I figured if I fell or passed out I'd at least be closer to the floor with less distance to fall. Mom laughed me out of her room. After I got my shower I was still feeling like something weird was coursing through my body. I looked down at my hands and noticed they were shaking like a leaf. The caffeine had definitely taken effect. I practically collapsed onto my bed that evening and let sleep overtake me. (As though I could do anything else after a crash like that.)

Good thing I didn't drink the Code Red. Pahhh!

No comments: