Friday, April 18, 2008

BonBon's & Almonds

As I am all alone at the office this morning I thought I would lift my spirits with a snack. Little did I know that I would turn out looking like a chipmunk.

I pulled out my little cup of almonds and had the bright idea to add some chocolate to the mix. I reached into my hidden stash and pulled out a dark chocolate truffle. Why not have the best of both worlds, right? So, there I sat. I'd take a bite of truffle and pop an almond in my mouth. I had the bite of truffle lodged just right in my mouth that I was able to melt a little chocolate with each almond I popped into my mouth before having to take another bite off of the truffle. It was the perfect ratio......until the last bite.

On the last bite of truffle I somehow managed to dislodge it from the perfect location in my mouth and when I popped an almond in I wound up chewing all the chocolate with the almond. Too much chocolate and not enough almond. My perfect equation was ruined. I popped almond after almond into my mouth to try and balance out the chocolate to almond ratio and before I realized what I was doing I had my cheeks packed full. I looked like a chipmunk and felt like one too.

I couldn't believe what I'd done. How unladylike. At least my sister wasn't there to see the chocolate on my lips.

No comments: