Monday, April 14, 2008

Test Day

Saturday afternoon found me in a classroom sitting behind a student desk with a pencil in hand. It totally felt like high school all over again while we sat there waiting for the go-ahead to open our test booklets. As this was my second test of the day I was feeling pretty calm and even took the time to glance around the classroom and observe the people surrounding me. I tell you, I felt like "Dwight" was sitting to my right. He seemed like the rocket scientist type. Tall and thin as a bean pole, pulled-patchy hair (as though he was at his wits end trying to come up with a calculation) and miniscule glasses. I could totally picture him in a white lab coat. Before we began testing I couldn't help but notice that his shoes were off and his legs were stretched out to the side. Strange. He clearly wasn't afraid to make himself comfortable (even at the expense of making others uncomfortable.) As I quickly averted my gaze I felt like I was being watched. I took note of his shifty eyes. It was hard to tell whether he was looking at me or something else in the room as he would quickly jerk his head around in choppy fashion.

I tried to keep my eyes in check but with somebody so unique sitting next to me I couldn't help but casually turn my head every now and then and sneak a peek.

No comments: