Wednesday, May 28, 2008

PLEASE, don't hold the salt.

Have you ever eaten something bland that leaves you feeling disappointed? I just did.

I hadn't eaten the Campbell's select soups in awhile so the last time I was at the store I grabbed a few of the cups and tossed them in the cart. As I was eating one for lunch today, I noticed the mexican style chicken soup was lacking its typical "pop-zing-ahhh" feeling. It somehow had lost its zip. I thought it rather strange that it tasted so bland, perhaps my memory had been a little foggy as to how great I once thought the soup was. I was experiencing the action of putting something in my mouth, however, I was leaving my poor tastebuds in the lurch as it was tasteless. I continued sipping spoon after spoon of this soup, all the while trying to figure out why it tasted so plain, and after getting halfway through the cup I finally glanced down at the label. It read "Healthy Request". (That should have been my first clue.) Underneath that tidbit of information it read: 98% fat free, and 40% less sodium. How did I manage to pick THAT up?!

Even the chicken chunks tasted "skinny".

No comments: