Thursday, May 8, 2008

"Dunder Mifflin, this is Pam...."

As my sister and I are VERY big fans of "The Office", she has often dared me to answer the phone at the front desk with a "Dunder Mifflin, this is Pam....." intro. We were talking about it again today so it was fresh in my mind.

Well, after she left for lunch I was sitting at my desk and the phone rang. I looked at the phone number and noticed that it was just a junk call I receive about 10 times a day. As it is a simple computer recording, I thought to myself---why not give it a try.

I pick up the phone and in my best Pam voice I say, "Dunder Mifflin, this is Pam." Rather than hearing the typical computer recording that kicks on, I immediately hear the fuzzy background noise and the next thing I know, a little voice comes on the line. I'm sure my eyes got as big as saucers when I realized this was NOT a computer. Even though the voice was practically inaudible, I think I almost went into a panic. Pahhhh! I quickly hit the release button and ended the call. That WASN'T supposed to happen. What was supposed to be a practice run turned into the real deal (even though it was still a junk call).

Think I might need a little more preparation before I pull that one again.

No comments: