Monday, May 12, 2008

Computer Meltdown

I seriously thought my computer was having a minor meltdown this morning.

I was working on a large pile of filing at my desk, in between sending emails to a dear cousin of mine, and as I continued working on the filing I noticed the first email in my "Inbox" continued to pop up even after I attempted to close it. No matter how many different ways I tried to close the box, nothing worked. I was starting to think that mabye that last email I recieved from my cousin had attached some kind of freaky virus to my computer that would cause it to do weird things like that. Not likely, but my imagination was already cranked. I quickly realized I was running out of ideas on how to fix this quirk and when I started to hear a mile-a-minute beep,beep,beep in my computer speakers I quickly dialed my sisters extension to see if she could come take a look at it. I was in a near panic thinking my computer was broken.

My sister comes out and after investigating for no more than 5 seconds, she solves the problem. She informed me that it's probably not a good idea to have 4 inches of filing pressing down on the "Enter" key. No wonder I couldn't close it.

Why didn't I see that?!

2 comments:

Amy Lynn said...

LOL Been there and done that! As an avid troubleshooter for miscellaneous computer problems, it especially frustrates me to discover the problem is something as simple as a stack of files pressing down on a button or portion of the keyboard!
I enjoy reading your blog...have a great weekend!

Judith Anne said...

I felt like such a nutcake! Although I work with computers every day, we have a "touchy" relationship. I've come to learn that, the majority of the time, I don't fix the problem---I create it. Oh, what joy is mine.

Thanks for the post!