Saturday, May 24, 2008

You scream, I scream, we all scream for.........nothing?!

As my sister and I are going to be going on a hardcore camping trip next weekend, I set my sights on the garage. I was in search of my tent and the mess kits from our younger days that seemed to be MIA. Just a few minor supplies that will be needed on our journey.

After going through numerous boxes in the garage, I held no hope of finding those mess kits. I think I know what happened to mine, however, my sister was adamant about finding hers. So, in a last ditch effort I took my search to the attic.

As I was sitting at the top of the ladder, my sister was standing directly in front of me. There we were nosing around boxes and rummaging through dusty lids. All of a sudden I saw something small moving directly at my hand. The lone light bulb in the attic was not enough for me to get a clear view of it, or maybe it was the shadow of my sister's head. Either way, I didn't know what was coming at my hand. The next thing I know, my sister is screaming and my reaction is to scream back. I had no idea what she was screaming at but it was like a chain reaction that couldn't be broke. In the commotion of our screaming and shying away from the area where the bug was, I realized it was JUST a silverfish. Pah-lease. That is NOT something that is worthy of a scream. My sister's a nut!

Bottom line, the mess kits were nowhere to be found. But I did find the tent!

No comments: