Monday, May 5, 2008

Open At Your Own Risk

I would just like to say that despite someones lengthy attempts to rid the office of my sister and I on Friday, we are in the office this morning, strong as ever. Well, maybe not so strong, let us not forget it is a Monday.

Friday afternoon found my sister and I in the company break room with the ever unpleasant task of cleaning out the refrigerator. You see, some people are just too lazy to throw outdated food items away or take home their leftovers from lunch. Hence, the reason for the fridge clean out. As my sister was cleaning the tables and counters I decided to open the fridge and tackle the job within. I was opening food containers, checking expiration dates, etc. and had already filled a trash can with a moldy collage of foods. What blew me away was the innocent looking styrofoam carton I pulled from the back. Something told me to proceed with caution. I carefully popped open the lid ever so slowly, but in my astonishment at what was growing inside the carton, I accidentally let the lid pop wide open and breathed in some of the toxic moldy air. I'm talking, this thing was covered in a half inch of fuzz and you could see all of the individual black spores just waiting to explode into the air. As I happened to take a breath at that exact moment, I could taste the moldy air in my mouth! I tried coughing it out, not sure that did me any good though, and my sister just looked at me as I was sputtering for air.

I hope I don't get a moldy lung from this. Next time---we're going in HAZMAT gear.

No comments: