Sunday, May 11, 2008

Got Milk?

This morning I woke up knowing that I needed to run to the grocery store to get some strawberries and bread for our special Mother's Day breakfast. I threw off the covers and tried to get myself halfway presentable. As it wasn't even 7a.m. yet, I decided to do something I never do. (Well, maybe I've done it once or twice in my life, but that's it.) No make-up, no hair done, not even a brush through the hair. I threw a hat on over my tumbleweed curls and pulled the rim low, secretly hoping that I wouldn't run into anyone I know.

As Dad and I were walking through the store, you couldn't help but notice all the men walking around the card aisle and the flower section with frenzied expressions. (Somebody didn't plan ahead......hahaha) Anywho, at one point Dad and I got separated on different aisles and we wound up calling each other to pinpoint each others locations. He told me that he was in the bakery and apparently he didn't hear where I said I was, so I said a little louder into the phone, "I'm in the MILK!" As soon as those words left my mouth I think I realized I should have rephrased my choice of words. Especially with all those men wandering aimlessly around. A happy Mother's Day indeed. Tahhhh!

Maybe someday...............

No comments: