Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Rosemary Did Him In

We have this little rosemary tree sitting near the edge of our front porch that unfortunately succumbed to the freezing temperatures this winter. I don't know why we haven't taken care of it yet, perhaps we were holding out hope that there might be a small flicker of life still remaining in it. My dad often talks of burning that little rosemary tree, but I remind him that it would smell like a bad pizzeria if he chose to do so. (Please don't.)

Anywho, last night my parents and I were sitting on the front porch with the chiminea blazing away. Amazing that it was even cool enough to have a little fire going. So we are out there enjoying the weather and conversation when my dad decides to get up and go see Sash who was relaxing peacefully in the yard. He gets up to mosey on over and as he walked past the little rosemary tree, I suppose it was the dried branches that somehow snagged his leg, and he lost his balance, practically tripping over the railroad tie and onto the dog. Mom and I could not contain our giggles and we openly laughed at his fancy footwork in attempts to catch himself. If only you could have seen it.......... It truly was a sight to behold. He never fails to put on a good show---even when he isn't trying to make us laugh.

I wonder what his sentiments are towards that little tree now...................

No comments: