Saturday, May 3, 2008

Needle in a Haystack

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find dog poops in a backyard that is full of manure? It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack!

I go out there with bag and scooper in hand, expecting to find clumps of brown gold laying around and all I see are lots of little brown clumps that dot the landscape. I wind up eyeing every clump and waste my time trying to figure out if it's a little donut from Bella or a pie from a cow. As I'm filtering through all the clumps (with my eyes, wink-wink), all I can hope is that I don't accidentally step on a brown clump that ISN'T a piece of manure.

Such is life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

come on now judith... what's the difference between dog poop and manure.....just mix it all in. it all does the same as fertilizer haha. your funny :)

Judith Anne said...

Dear "Anonymous",

You can never be too careful when it comes to manure quality. Dog poop and manure are two different things entirely. I like to think of manure as clumps of "brown" grass, where as dog poo is---hmmm, a combination of table scraps, dog chow, and used tissues. I have an idea who you are "Anonymous" but I will keep that to myself for now. I thank you for your comment!