Wednesday, May 14, 2008

There's Your Sign---

Yesterday morning, I noticed that the business across the green from us was putting up a new company sign. They had placed the sign on one of their forklifts and were attempting to balance it out as the lift went jolting over the side of the curb. The sign was in a precarious position as it wobbled back and forth on the forklift, but amazingly enough they got it placed on the grass and in the ground in less than an hour. All of this I watched from the secret safety of my lobby window. Before I left work yesterday, I noticed that the sign looked to be tilting ever so slightly. As I got into my car I wondered if anyone over there saw what I saw.

After getting into the office this morning, I couldn't HELP but notice that the sign was now slanted at a dangerously steep angle. Gravity was at work. (Or, was it just sloppy work?!) After getting a good look at it this morning, I knew it wouldn't be long before that baby came crashing down-----we didn't have to wait long. Earlier this afternoon, my sister and I noticed them beep-beep-backing up the forklift with the broken sign balanced on top of the lift. Part of the red emblem looks to be cracked and missing. (Probably shattered after hitting the cement curb.) I'd just like to ask them---did you not see it coming?!

What's funny is that this looks to be the same sign that the owner had placed in front of another warehouse in the neighborhood months ago, to prove to his competitors that he had more than one warehouse. That sign was only up for a day before he was ordered to take it down. Probably had something to do with the fact that he didn't OWN that warehouse. What a weirdo.

No comments: