Thursday, May 8, 2008

Chocolate Covered

As I was starting to get a little hungry this morning, I figured it was time to pull out a snack from the ol' lunch box. I pulled out my banana and as I looked at it I was reminded of an incident that happened a few years ago with my dear cousin. We had decided to make chocolate covered bananas. As I had never made them before I was following her lead. The bananas were supposed to be chilled before you drizzled them with chocolate and peanuts so we placed them in the freezer. We soon realized that you have to PEEL the bananas before placing them in the freezer. Pahhhhh! There we were, bent over the sinks trying to chisel away the frozen peel that still encased our poor bananas. A lot of work for a "simple" treat........

Anywho, as I sat at my desk this morning I thought to myself, I have a banana, I have a chocolate truffle (from my secret stash), and I have a cup of peanuts. Why not make a masterpiece?! So, I improvised. I carefully sliced my truffle into little pieces, placed a piece of that on top of a slice of banana, and popped it into my mouth. Then came the time to add the peanuts. The ratio was a little off as I wound up chewing all the peanuts before the chunk of chocolate and banana mash had disintegrated, so there I sat at my desk popping peanut after peanut, just trying to create some balance. It actually wasn't too bad.

It might not have been a true chocolate covered banana, but it was a banana, it was chocolate, and it was peanuts. Close enough, right?!

No comments: