Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Nothing To Hide

I just got back from the store with my dad, and as I was getting a little shaky I decided to grab something from the fridge. That "something" turned out to be a little bowl of leftover stuffing. As I was in desperate need of food, I carried that bowl with me into the laundry room where I was getting ready to switch my wash into the dryer. There I was staring out the laundry room window taking bite after bite of this delicious stuffing when from behind me I hear my dad shuffle up. As he opens the garage door he stops in midstride and asks me, "What are you eating?!" He has that tone in his voice, as though I got caught hiding something. I turn around, show him the bowl, and say, "Stuffing!" He gets that fatherly "ohhhh" kind-of look on his face as it dawns on him that I wasn't hiding anything and replies back with a, "You don't have to eat that in HERE". Oh daddy-o, talking to me as though I had something to hide. Tahhhhh!

How old am I?! Dad is ALWAYS good for a laugh.....

No comments: