Monday, March 10, 2008

What's that smell?

A fellow co-worker came up to me this morning and asked me, "Have you ever had anything die around here?" I sat there puzzled trying to figure out if she was talking about a plant or something. She then went on to say, "Anything ever die on the roof?" Hmmm, let me think about that......ummm, NO. My train of thought immediately went into the--what's wrong now mode. She went on to tell me that the air by the copy machine smelled questionable, like a sweet smell mixed with a pickled smell. Now that's quite a concoction of smells. All I know is that the last time I was around a dead body (mammal, that is) it did NOT smell sweet. She asked me to take a whiff the next time I was back there, as she thought something died on the roof and the smell was travelling down the air vent.

I finally decided I better go check this out. I pulled myself out of my chair and went to take a whiff. All that hit me was the electric smell from the copy machine mixed with a hint of paper. A guy in the office nearby smelled kind of fruity this morning. Like watermelon, mind you, but pickled smell or the smell of death was not to be found.

A mystery indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaaha! You are funny. And your adventures are giving me an "Office" fix. Fortunately, too, since it doesn't start up again until April sometime.

Marcia :)