Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Jump Start

I knew I should have just curled up in the backseat of my car and taken a nap during lunch rather than take a walk. It probably would've been easier on the ol' heart. I was out walking the loop and I figured I had left late enough that the guys from the office would've already left for lunch. Not so.

I was walking along and I heard a car coming from behind me. The car honked as they drove by which startled me and I know I jumped because they were laughing at my jerk reaction. Very choppy. I'm pretty sure my heart skipped a few beats. Then as I got further down on the loop, I was coming up to the four way stop and our sales employees pull up to the stop sign and all I heard was a bunch of yelling in my direction come from the car and then they were all laughing. I had no idea what he had yelled but I know I did some kind of awkward hand motion to let them know I took notice of them. I don't know if it was a bad dance move where it looked like I was busting a hip, literally, or if I was doing the robot. Whatever it was it was bad. They turned the corner and then the guy sitting in his SUV across the four way stop goes and as he drives by me he's looking at me like "Is that girl okay?!" Oh geeze, let me melt away into the pavement! Then as I was making my final turn, I meandered over into the gutter area and almost rolled my ankle when I scuffed my foot on part of the curb, and of course some truck driving by saw that smooth move.

Wish you could have seen that one.

No comments: