Friday, March 7, 2008

Office Quirks

Contrary to what some folks might believe, working in an office really DOESN'T take much brain power. As I've learned by observation.

I ask myself this question: Why take the time to remove staples from documents when you have a super shredder at your fingertips? That super machine can handle shredding CDs, large stacks of paper, well, maybe 15 sheets at a time---so worrying over a little staple seems pointless. Not so, according to a group of workers put in charge of shredding documents last week. A styrofoam cup filled to the brim with shiny staples caught my eye as I passed by. Apparently, they take their shredding responsibilities very seriously. However, I would say why not save yourself a step.

Something else to ponder........why call the office to see if your fax has come in just to have Ms. Front Desk fax it to your personal machine? If the recipient has already been in contact with the sender, does it not make sense to ask the sender to send it directly to you (aka-the recipient) at your own fax number?

Puzzling.

No comments: