Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sniff-Sniff-Whiff-Whoa

The smells floating around the office this week are unbelievable.

Smell #1- Mothballs. As our office is getting a face lift, someone bought new chairs for the conference room and as I was walking by, I was overpowered by the smell of mothballs. Yes, the new furniture stinks.

Smell #2- Burnt popcorn. Seriously, how hard is it to pop a bag of microwave popcorn I wonder. No one here at the office seems to be capable of mastering the popcorn skills. Every time a bag is popped the entire office is filled with the unpleasant aroma of burnt kernels. Is it a malfunction in the microwave? I think not. Forget the enjoyable spring weather, we have to open our doors just to air out the building.

Smell #3- Wow. I felt the gentlemen upstairs were revolting against the company by refusing to turn their AC on. You can only imagine the smell brewing up there that would then come creeping down the stairs and into the hallway. My nose was acosted with a pungent smell each time I had to step into that hallway. I think it burned my nose hair.

No comments: