Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Real or Fake

As we have little ones in the family now that can hunt for eggs, my dad was asking me what I was going to do for Easter eggs this year. I told him, "We are NOT doing real eggs, thats all I have to say." He truly looked bummed about that but I went on to tell him that all it takes is one bad egg to really spoil the party. (no pun intended) I could totally see us forgetting about one lone egg out there and eventually being smacked in the face with egg vapor. My dad looked over at me and said, "If Dwight was in charge, he would make a map of the yard and catalog where each egg was placed." I about lost it at that point. My dad has become quite the fan of "The Office" and to hear him make reference to a particular character, made me LAUGH!

Yes, I think I'll stick with the plastic eggs this year. I'll pass on the vinegar smell that fills up the entire house and skip out on the "after Easter" egg salad sandwiches that turn out red, green, purple, and blue. I can't tell you how hard it was for me to eat egg salad around Easter time as a child because the salad just didn't look right to me, no matter how hard I tried to ignore the multicolored egg pieces. It just wasn't normal.

So as I go fake this year, I hope you remember to map out your eggs, whether fake or real, and enjoy the hunt. May it be egg vapor free!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would definitely recommend the plastic eggs. When I was little, my family had a missing easter egg incident. My grandmother and great aunt hid easter eggs in the house the I was supposed to find. There really weren't that many eggs so it should have been pretty easy to track down. When it came down to it, we just couldn't find the last egg and my poor little aged relatives couldn't remember where it was hidden. We found it a month or two later when there was a strange smell coming from under the grandfater clock in our living room ; )

~Priscilla