Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Awkward...

My sister always tells me I wave too much and this time I did a doozie. I was out taking my lunchtime walk when I heard a light tap on the horn from someone who was coming up behind me. The engine sounded loud and I figured it was my UPS or FedEx guy driving by so I didn't really bother to turn around, I just raised my hand and started waving. Mistake #1. I looked over to smile as he went driving by, Mistake #2, and much to my embarrassment there went the driver of a Penske truck leaning over the steering wheel as far as he could while staring out the window as he passed the blonde. I wanted to melt into the pavement. I muttered something like, "OHHHH, I don't know him" and kept on walking, desperately hoping that no one in the surrounding parking lots took notice of that. I should have known that wasn't my UPS or FedEx guy. They're good for at least 10 honks.

Note to self---no more waving on walks, unless.......I THINK it's someone I know. LOL!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Judith Anne, I guess you forgot your note-to-self... Thanks for waving at a total stranger while a passenger in my car! It is so appreciated! :) You are always good for a laugh, Picnic Pants!

Your sister