Saturday, March 15, 2008

Did I cross the border?!

That is the question I was asking myself when I walked into the store today. I was roaming up and down the aisles when I remembered I was running low on conditioner. I picked up the bottle of my choice and to my utter disbelief it was all written in Spanish. I had no idea what the bottle was good for. Colored hair, permed hair, frizz control?! For a second there I thought I had crossed the border without knowing it. I was shopping in mini Mexico.

As the aisle was split into two I returned the mystery bottle to the shelf and decided to mosey on down. Not even four feet away I picked up the same brand of bottle except this time it was all in English. What is going on?! I suppose I was shocked when I picked that first bottle up and couldn't find any familiar words on it. What is the word for "control" in Spanish? Or "frizz"?

Had I not scooted farther down the aisle, I would have never known about the "English" section.

The great divide, indeed.

Viva la Mexico!

2 comments:

Eric Henley said...

Donde es el bano?

Judith Anne said...

Down the hall my friend...