Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hair Today - Gone Tomorrow

I feel as though I have finally wised up when it comes to matters that deal with my younger brother.

Sunday morning found me sitting on the living room couch enjoying the early morning sunrays that filtered in through the blinds. Along came my brother who casually sat on the floor not far away. For some strange reason he felt the sudden urge to grab onto my ankle and attempt to tickle my foot. All I could do was ask myself---why me?! Am I easy prey?

I requested that he immediately release my ankle. I could see in his eyes the "Or what......." challenge. It was clear that my previous way of handling the situation had zero effect. So I decided to try something new. Something my mom has given me permission to do over the years but I've always been too nice. No more.

I lunged for his leg and just so happened to get a grasp on some curly Q's. Funny how that happened. I gave a tug! His expression was worth it all. A mixture of laughter, shock, and panic all at the same time. Yes, fear this brother boy!

Sister's got a new defense. I call it, The Leg Hair Lunge.

No comments: