Friday, March 14, 2008

Fluidity 101

Never in my life have I seen my leg quiver as it did last night. My sister recently purchased the Fluidity Bar and I've decided it's time to tone up. I go down to the gym, aka-her house, twice a week and one of the exercises just about buckled my leg. My head and arms were resting on the bar and I had one leg raised straight out behind me. The whole time I'm holding my leg up I can feel my other leg quivering underneath my weight and it feels like something is bulging out of my thigh. I glance down and my leg was quivering away like a bowl of Jell-o! The only time I've ever seen my leg get the shakes like that is when my car breaks down while I'm driving. (And that usually involves rush hour traffic, hands flying up in exasperation, and horns honking.) It seriously shakes like a limp noodle, it CAN'T be helped.

Anywho, I pulled through that exercise and continued on with the video. The only thing I really have an issue with is some of the comments the instructor makes. I'll be doing a stretch when she will say, "...feel the muscle pull apart from the bone..." or "...right now you are stretching out those organs...." Gross! Way to make me cringe. That is not what I want to hear when I am working out. My sister stands by and just laughs at the faces I make but it can't be helped. If I think about what's actually going on inside the muscles I think I'll make myself sick.

By the end of the workout I practically collapse onto the mat and lay there waiting for my heartbeat to decelerate. As I continue working with this my goal is to build muscle and never see my leg quiver like that again......at least while exercising. HA!

No comments: