Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wild & Reckless

We decided to celebrate my sister's birthday a little early this week, as one of the girls was going out of town and didn't want to miss the office celebration. So what better way to celebrate than with some ice-cream clown cones from Baskin Robbins. Yes---clown cones, sometimes we need to be reminded of our free and easy childhood days.

My sister and the other gal had chocolate flavored ice-creams in their cones and I opted for the blue sherbet ice-cream cone, the one called Wild & Reckless. That's about how I felt trying to eat this cone gracefully. It was as though I'd forgotten how to eat an ice-cream cone and I seemed to continue getting blue ice-cream on my nose, my chin, and my fingers, just like a kid. So there we were enjoying our clown cones among a fit of giggles, when I realized the plumber I had shown back to the mens room earlier was waiting in the lobby for me. I quickly put my cone down and as I walked out to talk with him regarding the prognosis of the toilet, all I could think was, "Oh man, I hope I don't have any ice-cream on my nose and chin." So as I'm talking to him and trying to pay attention to what he's saying, all I can think about is whether or not I have any blue on my face and I find myself lifting my fingers to cover my lips and nonchalantely rub my nose and chin every now and then, just to make sure. As I didn't feel anything cold or sticky on my face I figured I was a-ok. Well, after he goes back to work on the toilet I head into my sisters office and the first thing she tells me is, "You have ice-cream on the tip of your nose." WHAT, how long has that been there?!

Here's hoping he didn't see that. Chaaaa! And the icing on the cake---I got a pair of blue lips (and teeth) out of the deal. Talk about birthday bliss. My sister's comment to me, "Ummm, maybe you should go start drinking some water." Pahhhhhh!

No comments: