Saturday, June 21, 2008

Thomas Kincade Original

I was doing my Saturday morning routine today when I accidentally took a turn a little too wide with the vacuum cleaner and popped my parents Thomas Kincade nightlight off the wall. (It's like a miniature portrait in a frame.) I immediately froze in my tracks, thinking the worst, that I had JUST crushed their Thomas Kincade portrait with the vacuum hose. Pahhhh! I quickly picked it up and thought, oh-its not so bad, I can just pop the clip back onto the light bulb. Well, as I did so, I must have put a little too much pressure on the picture part of the nightlight because the next thing I know, I hear a big -CRACK- and the miniature picture had popped out of the frame. I think my heart stopped and the only thing buzzing through my head was---can I fix it?! I have no clue why I didn't push on the frame instead of the mini picture. Clearly I wasn't thinking straight. (Probably because I was too worried about the pieces lying on the floor.)

So as I'm now sitting on the floor with a broken nightlight, I turn the vacuum off and take a look at the damage. As the vacuum has been silenced, I hear my mom call out to me from across the house, "Judith Anne, is everything all right?" With a furrowed brow I reply back, "Ya Mom, everything is fine. Just fine." I quickly assessed the damage to the light and the whole time I'm thinking about how much it's going to cost me to replace this thing, hahaha.

The heavens seemed to be smiling down on me because after thinking the worst I was able to pop the picture back onto the frame and attach it to the nightlight bulb. Piece of cake. I finally crack a grin and I turn around to resume my vacuuming. Just as I turn around and switch the vacuum on, I hear another -CRACK-. I didn't even have to see it to know what just happened. There lying on the floor was the nightlight. The vacuum hose had knocked it off---AGAIN! As I picked up the piece to attach it back to the wall, I realized that the dumb nightlight had ALREADY BEEN BROKEN! (by someone else, of course) I noticed that the clip that attaches it to the light had already been snapped off, and was half gone! No wonder it kept falling off.

What was I fretting about?! Pahhhhhhh!

No comments: