Thursday, June 26, 2008

Blast to the Future

Have we time-warped into the future or something?

My sister and I were on our way back to the office after lunch today and as we were driving along I looked up and saw the strangest (and longest) street sweeper I have ever seen in my life. As I popped out a "What in the world...." comment, my sister took notice of the weird piece of machinery and proclaimed in her astonished voice, "It's from the FUTURE." (If only you could have heard how she said it, you too would've been laughing!) It was the spaciest thing I've ever seen.

Seriously, it was a very futuristic looking street sweeper with its aerodynamic front and back end. It was almost twice the length of a typical street sweeper. Never have I seen something like that on OUR city streets! I guess times are changing. The other day as we were out and about we saw a city bus that looked like a space shuttle, with the futuristic look. Why do they look like the speed rails in Europe?! We're being taken over by androids! Chaaaa! (I am NOT the sci-fi girl but I couldn't help but tell my sister that cheesy remark.)

Oh well, we got a kick out of it. Just as long as I don't have to drive one.........

No comments: