Monday, June 30, 2008

It's A Hard Cot Life, For Me

Now that we are at my grandpa's, I get to be the adventurous one and sleep on a cot. Forget the fact that it makes noise every time I roll over and change position, or the way the springs holding it together seem to pop and give a little when I lay down. Those are just minor details, hahaha.

Let me just say this, I was sleeping hard last night in more ways than one. Not only was I out fast last night, but a few hours into my slumber I woke up to a terrible pain in my lower back. Apparently my hip bone was digging into the middle bar on the cot. Pleasant. So as I rolled over to a more comfortable position and gently began rubbing my back---I heard a noise off to my left side. My senses go on alert and I quietly laid there listening to this strange sound, all the while trying to figure out what it was without overreacting. It sounded like a "chomp-chomp-chomp" noise coming from underneath the floorboards and all I could think of was two yellow teeth belonging to some critter down there gnawing on the wood underneath the house. Yes I know, my imagination was running wild.

Apparently I didn't think about it too much because I drifted off to sleep again. I was having a pleasant dream about a rodeo and cowboys when I was rudely awaken by a beastly looking crow outside the bedroom window. He may not have been a rooster but he definitely had attitude.

Such is life.

No comments: