Monday, June 30, 2008

Feeding the Kiddies

As we have set out on another family vacation (minus one), we once again get to experience all the joys of long distance travelling. My sister and I did most of the driving, however, Dad did squeeze in a few hours behind the wheel. It's a well known rule in our family that whoever occupies the front passenger seat is to keep Dad AWAKE when he is behind the wheel. At all costs.

At that particular moment, I happened to be sitting in the "co-captains" chair and not only did I get the task of keeping Dad busy, but I also had the responsibility for all the snacks, drinks, tissue and trash needs going on in the truck. (It's a lot of responsibility riding in that front seat. Believe me!)

Anywho, as we were driving along, Dad got the munchies for something sweet (and Mom wasn't on the menu, hahaha) so I set to work opening a little cookie pack for him and getting a juice box to wet his whistle, at his request. I don't think I have EVER seen my dad drink from a juice box and it made me laugh. I had to remind him like a child NOT to squeeze the juice box. So as he became content with his snack, the other child in the back, aka-Mom, asked for some peanuts. As I was getting the peanuts for her, all I hear coming from my side is a quick rustling of plastic wrappers. I look over just in time to see my dad's big fingers digging around in MY cookie pack! While I was busy taking care of someone else, he totally took advantage of the situation and left me..........cookieless. Pahhhh!

Naughty little boy.

No comments: