Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"This....this......"

I was out front watering my garden yesterday with my two lil cousins shadowing me. As I was moving the water from one bed to the next, I heard the lil 3 year old repeating, "This...this...." behind me and I didn't know WHAT he was talking about. I turned around and saw that he held something dark brown between his two fingers and my first thought was that it was a dried flower bud. I leaned down for a closer look and noticed it was no flower bud. Indeed. It was a dried bird mess that was coiled like a little cinnamon roll. Chaaaaa!

I immediately told him to put it down---YUCKY. However, I couldn't help but turn around and laugh at his innocence. Where as I see a bird poop, he sees a neat little brown shape that needs a closer inspection. Never a dull moment!

And no worries, we came inside and washed our hands with lots of soap.

No comments: