Monday, September 8, 2008

Chicken Soup for the Soul.............NOT

To my dear sister,

Now I know why you don’t like chicken noodle soup. Now I know………

I was eating a bowl of soup at the table late this morning when I glanced down at the spoon I was about to pop into my mouth and noticed a lumpy piece of chicken staring back at me. Normally I can look past that and just eat it, but I couldn't help but notice the "tubey" looking thing sticking out of it. Talk about losing my appetite. I ate the few noodles still swimming in the bottom of the bowl and drank a little more broth before deciding I was done. I then proceeded to the kitchen sink where I dumped out the remaining broth and a chicken chunk or two. When I tipped the bowl back over, guess what was hiding underneath the spoon? Yep, that nasty looking little piece of chicken. What are the chances of that?!

I have no idea what came over me because I find that stuff to be terribly gross, and once I see it I can not get the visual picture out of my head. However, for some strange reason, there I stood over the sink, bowl and spoon in hand while I dissected this piece of chicken and picked it apart. I felt like I was in science class again. It wasn't pretty.

I don’t think I will ever be able to look at chicken noodle soup the same.

Sincerely,
Your ailing sister

(I agree with you. I am all for the hearty looking pieces of chicken in soups, but these little chunks they throw into this soup make you wonder where it's coming from. Might as well call it the mystery meat, because we don't know what part of the chicken it is!)

No comments: