Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Be Careful What You Wish For

Last night I was so fired up as I took the trash out and I learned that I really should be careful what I wish for.

Before I took the trash out, I had been making my bed but was having a terrible time trying to get the mattress pad on the bad. I would get one corner on and move around the bed to do the next corner when the opposite corner would pop off! I was about to lose it.........

Anywho, after I finally finished making my bed, I went plowing outside to dump the trash, and as I was fired up about the bed giving me fits, I said to myself, "If I see a cockroach loitering out here (as we have for the past few nights) I'm liable to kill it right on the spot." As I dumped the trash around the side of the house I thought nothing of my words UNTIL I made it back to the front porch. There standing between me and the front door was a big cockroach with his WINGS popped up. SICK! I felt like saying---why tonight, but then I remembered that I practically asked for it. Cockroaches are so skittish though and they make me nervous when I'm trying to kill them. If only I'd had my shoes on.........

I decided to rise to the occasion, seems how I practically asked for it, and grabbed the closest thing I could find to squish it. I snatched a log from the wood pile and for a split second I felt paralyzed with fear. I didn't want to get to close for fear that at any second he would launch himself at my legs. So, as I didn't want to get too close I decided to throw the log at him and just hoped that it would land on top of him. It didn't. The roach went scurrying off to the side of the porch and I grabbed another log from the pile and tried to smack him as he climbed up the brick wall. That definitely got him running, but after a few good whacks I finally squished him for good.

As I came into the house, my dad asked me a few minutes later what I'd been doing because he heard me clacking the wood around on the front porch and I dramatically told him how I took down the roach. He replied back with, "Oh, I thought you were getting wood ready for a fire." Pahhhhhhh! As if! Needless to say, it's time to spray.

No comments: