Monday, September 15, 2008

Powering Down

I'm pathetic, I know. I've had the same cell phone for nearly 5 years. Time for an upgrade, right? I'd have to agree.

Last night I was talking on the phone when I heard a beeping in my ear. I pulled the phone away and noticed that the battery was getting low. No big deal. I ignored it for a few minutes but after the phone continued beeping I decided it was time to plug it into the charger. I figured the phone would begin to charge so I carried on with my conversation, despite the warning beeps that continued to fill my ear. On a sidenote, let me just say that I am surprised as anyone that my battery is still kicking. Everyday I wonder if this is going to be the day my phone dies.

After a few more minutes passed by, my phone began a quick repetition of loud beeps in my ear and the screen then read "Powering Down Now". I have never seen my phone completely drained like that and for one sad moment I thought this was it. My phone shut off and all that was left was a black screen staring back at me. I think I was in shock. I couldn't understand why it shutdown since I had it plugged into the charger. I stood there leaning over my bed, staring at my phone, with such a sad look on my face. I thought it had completely died, the battery was dead, no life, zilch-o. THEN, I realized that the phone charger wasn't clicked all the way into the phone. Who's the space case?! As soon as I realized THAT was the problem, I popped the charger in all the way and the phone immediately started charging.

Why.......why.......................WHY??? hahaha

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha way to go goober!!!

I'm just glad that your phone didn't die.....otherwise it would be a little harder to keep in touch with ya! 3 weeks and 2 days!! :^)

Earl Burlington (fill you in later)

Judith Anne said...

What a pleasure it was, Mr. Earl Burlington, to receive a comment from you, wink-wink.

3 weeks and 2 days, eh? Sounds like you are counting down to something........

Anonymous said...

Yeah i'm counting down to see a special person of mine...I don't get to see this person very often but when we get together it's a blast! Can't wait to be together.

Judith Anne said...

Sounds like something worth waiting for.......