Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Marriage & Love

Kids are SO funny!

During school today, one of my boy students came up to me with a question. He and another student had been looking at some classroom yearbooks from the previous years at this school and there were some questions printed in the back of the book that he wasn't too sure about. He came up to me with a furrowed brow and asked me what the phrase meant. It read: My Future---My family will consist of.........

As he looked at me with confusion written all over his face I explained to him that they were questions regarding his future, sort of like a wish list. I told him that he could write about what he wants his future family to consist of. Do you want to be married with a wife, how many kids do you want to have, and how many pets you want, etc. I think the "marriage" and "wife" word did the most damage. After explaining what the question meant, he quietly walked back to his seat. I followed him nonchalantly back to his seat, just in time to hear him say to her (in a VERY serious voice), "Do NOT answer this." He looked so grossed out and disgusted with that question and I so wanted to laugh out loud at his response! The girl quickly turned her yearbook to the same page so she could see what he was talking about. Guess these 8 year olds are still at the age where they get embarrassed about marriage and love.

Bless his little heart. Someday he'll grow out of that........hahaha!

No comments: