Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Ant Bully

There's a book titled "The Ant Bully" and it's a story about a boy who terrorizes the ants in his yard. Ever heard of it? By the end of the story though, the boy realizes the fault in his ways and makes the decision to be nice to the ants and leave them be. It's a great story and all, but in MY little world I tell you, it's the other way around! The ants find ways of terrorizing ME!

My latest ant story came while we were out hiking yesterday. Two of my friends and I started to hike up to the next ridge on the trail while a few others waited behind. We hadn't even cleared 20 feet from where the others were standing when I felt a terrible pain in my side......like something was BITING me! I grabbed my side and as I didn't see anything on my shirt I immediately lifted my shirt and I was horrified at what I saw. There, clinging to my side, was a huge black ant with wings, all curled up and gnarly looking, taking a bite out of me! All my senses went on alert and I nearly panicked while trying to shoo him out from under there. I was half expecting myself to go skipping off the side of the trail as I danced around trying to rid myself of the ant. I thought I'd flung him far away but as the pain still continued I realized he was still there. I lifted my shirt a second time and sent him flying for good while tenderly clutching my side, hahaha. No stowaways allowed.

How he got under there I'll never know, but I am beginning to lose my patience with these ant bullies. Don't let them fool you.........

And yes, I apologized to the girls for showing so much skin, but it was a mad dash to save my own hide from the attack...............of one little ant. Pahhhhhh!

No comments: