Friday, November 14, 2008

What was that?!

The other day, my dad and I were trimming one of the front trees. Well I SHOULD probably clarify, HE was trimming and I was watching. My job consisted of occasionally holding the ladder and admiring his work.

While he was trimming away like a wild man, I was standing on the sidewalk in a daze when the following conversation played out:

Dad: "WHAT was that?!"
Me: "What?" (clearly confused)
Dad: "Something just fell out of the tree."
Me: "What........? Are you sure? I didn't see anything."
Dad: "Ya, something came falling down right at my face! I think it was a bird."
Me: "A bird?!"
Dad: "I think so."
Me: "Did you just chop a bird in half?!"
Dad: "I don't know........"
(he and I are then scouring the ground looking through the fallen leaves and branches for something that resembles a bird)
Me: "Pahhhhhh! There it is. Looks like a piece of paper to me."
Dad: "Man........it happened so fast I couldn't tell what it was."
Me: "Happens to the best of us, hahaha."

Catastrophe avoided, back to work.

No comments: