Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Rawrump

Say it fast.......yep, that's what it is alright. My brother and I decided to take a bike ride yesterday for a little fun in the sun. What turned out to be a mediocre bike ride turned into over 13.5 miles of riding. My boney rump is feeling every bit of that 13.5 miles this morning. I have a big seat to sit on (the bike---not me personally, I know what you were thinking) and I guess I just don't have enough built in cushion on my "personal seat" to counteract every jostle, crack, or bump in the sidewalk we go over.

After about 9 miles or so we wound up stopping at my grandma's for a water break and a little breather. Big mistake. The lil' powwow with grandma was nice but climbing onto that bike when we were ready to git' was not cool. Apparently my muscles had enough downtime while we rested to turn into noodles. Once we got up to speed it wasn't too bad, we found that rhythm again. As we were cruising on home there were a few areas where we had to climb a little to go over a few bridges. My brother was ahead of me a ways so I decided I needed to increase my speed.....during the climbing stage. I stood up and began to pedal while standing up. WOW-not good. My thighs began trembling and were crying out in agony, "Why, why, why.....?!"

Amazingly enough, my legs feel great today, it's just the boney rump that's a hurtin'.

Anyone have a doughnut pillow?!

No comments: