Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sweet Redemption

I just have to say that after my morning jog with my 4th grade students for the annual Turkey Trot---I feel great! I was starting to have doubts about my running ability after my ordeal with neighbor Ron-Ron. (see previous story "Running with Ron-Ron") Wasn't sure if I could handle running after feeling defeated on those mountain trails. I began to second guess my running skills and felt like the running world as I knew it had been rocked. Pahhh!

No more! This morning we were running along out under the cloudy, rainy sky and I was blowing past moms and dads left and right. I felt like Rocky. (Probably because they were playing that music as we left the gym. I couldn't help but throw out a couple air punches as we made our exit.)

I know, call me pathetic but I feel great. I CAN run just fine, just not on any desert mountain trails............unless of course I was being chased by a bobcat or something. In that case all you'd see is my dust.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's not that you can't run...we all knew you could. it's just you were running with people more your skill level....4th graders!!! haha sorry i just had to say it. Love ya!!

Judith Anne said...

Ohhhhh, burn. Are you joining a circus? It seems you like to walk a tight rope, Earl.

Pahhhh!