Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Art of War

As I was watching my students today I noticed one in particular nonchalantly lean his arms back behind his head, as though he was stretching, and THEN with a flick of the wrist he flung a small chunk (which I can only assume was a piece of crayon) at a girl sitting across the table from him. I don't even think she noticed it as the crayon bounced off her tummy and onto the floor. First off, I had to bite back a laugh because it truly was too funny. So I swallowed my laugh and pasted a frown face with raised brows and said his name quietly. He looked at me with a little "oops, I got caught" grin and told me that it was "a war" with this particular girl as they have been doing this over the past few days. Hmmm........

The other day we had Art Masterpiece in our classroom and the children were sitting on the floor in groups. As I moved between two particular groups, I noticed some little crayon chunks flying across the floor out of the corner of my eye. I couldn't tell who the culprit was, but I had to bite back a laugh while it was going on. Two students were having a little "war" with one another and I just wasn't in the right spot at the right time to see who it was. I would throw a glance around the room and give students "the eye" in hopes of forcing a confession, but I got nowhere. Now I have a pretty good idea who was working the floor behind my back.

It's something that should NOT want to make me giggle, but IT DOES! I know, it's terrible, but I find it too funny. Probably because my friends and I would try the same things. It's bringing it all back.......

No comments: