Wednesday, August 6, 2008

What's in your refrigerator?!

I had the wonderful privilege of getting to cuddle with my 18 month old cousin after she got up from her nap today. We were sitting on the couch and she was repeating everything I was saying so I thought I'd throw out a bigger word and see what came out.

I said "refrigerator" and the next thing that came out of her mouth had my mom and I biting back our laughter. We heard something along the lines of "......beer....." come out of her mouth. I thought, hmmm---we'll try that again. So I once again said "refrigerator" and she repeats back with a ".....beer......". Refrigerator was just a little to long for her to pronounce so she shortened it to what she could handle. The sounding she came up with to replace the full word was just too funny! Every time I would say "refrigerator", she'd say a sound that resembled "beer".

Got to love the innocence of children. They say the darnedest things!

No comments: