Saturday, August 23, 2008

Trial and Terrors

Let me just start by saying---today was NOT a good vacuum day.

As I went about vacuuming the house this morning I nearly tripped on the chord and machinery 3 times. I was off to a rough start. Guess you could say I was a little uncoordinated today. (It's not an everyday thing, trust me.) Anywho, the task at hand was coming to an end as I began the final sweeps in my parents room. As I went around my dad's side of the bed, I was pushing the vacuum back and forth when all of a sudden I heard a HORRENDOUS, grating noise and it was coming from the vacuum! I don't know if I had looked away for a second or what, but apparently I got too close to the quilt corner lying on the floor and the vacuum began sucking it up in earnest. Hence the horrendous sound. As I'm trying to find the off button on the handle my mom comes flying out of her bathroom, foaming at the mouth. (No, she's not rabid, she was brushing her teeth, hahaha!) While she was yelling at me to turn it off, it seemed my finger just couldn't find the switch. My insides hurt from the near panic attack!

I finally got the vacuum shut off and it instantly let go of its victim. My mom went back to her bathroom, and after I muttered, "Dumb vacuum....." I started to laugh (out of frustration or being scared silly till my insides hurt, I don't know.) Of course, hearing the commotion going down in the room brought my dad in from the family room. He immediately started imitating the noise and asked me what had happened. After filling him in I figured that was the end of it. Both parents left the room and I began the final step of vacuuming the bare floors in their bathroom. Apparently Dad hadn't had quite enough excitement yet and he thought it would be funny to scare me. He waited for his most opportune moment and he took it. I had my head behind the toilet vacuuming the trim, when he popped his head around the corner, made that horrendous grinding noise, and drilled his fingers into my ribs, aka-his way of tickling. My instant reaction was to grab his fingers and give him a face to fear. Funn-nay!

Dad's response, "Owww....." (followed by laughter)

No comments: