Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Password Paranoia

Over the last few months I have noticed that my phone bill just seems to continue going up, up, and up. Of course I'm the one to blame as I forget about how many texts I'm allowed, etc. Those overage charges really add up. Soooo, I'm attempting to do a little better about keeping up to date on my phone usage, to save a little moo-lah. Just doing my duty of trying to keep track of how many texts I have left and how many minutes I can spare to my friends..................and special someone, wink-wink.

Anywho, this evening I was sitting at the computer and figured I should probably log online and check out my current standing. I pull up the web page for my phone company, type in my number and then type in my password. The next thing I know, red words pop up saying the information is invalid and I need to try again. Well, I knew my password had to be one of two options so I tried again. In goes the number, in goes the password. DENIED. I try it again, and again, and again, and still nothing is working. At this point I'm thinking---what in the world?! For the life of me I couldn't figure out why my password was NOT working, I made sure num lock was on and caps lock was off, and I still couldn't get it. I could feel an exasperated spaz attack coming on and I was just about to get my sister on the phone and ask her to confirm my password, as she knows them all, when I looked down at the keyboard and noticed that my fingers were positioned on the correct row---EXCEPT for the fact that my fingers were one letter off to the right. Just a minor detail, right?! No wonder my password wouldn't work.

Only me.

No comments: