Thursday, August 21, 2008

Taskmaster

Our students were quietly working in pairs this morning while looking for spelling words hidden in a word search. As I meandered around the classroom I stopped near two boys who had just paired up. I peered over their shoulders to see how they were doing, and actually wound up hearing a rather interesting conversation being whispered between the two. (Although I must say I think it was rather one-sided.)

Boy 1 - whispering......"Are you rich or middle?"
Boy 2 - "What?".......very confused look on his face
Boy 1 - more forceful......."Are you rich or middle?"
Boy 2 - "Rich? Is that one of our spelling words?"......clearly
has no idea what Boy 2 is referring to

NO! I decided it was time to step in and I quickly redirected both boys attention back to the task at hand. Boy 2 could barely hear the whispered question in the first place and the confused look on his face spoke volumes.

Talk about nosy!

No comments: