Thursday, August 21, 2008

Civil Rights

I was buzzing around the classroom today when I walked past one group of students and saw a troubled look brewing on one young boy's face. (This particular child is almost too smart for his own good.) I asked him what was wrong and he quickly informed me by saying, "This person is messing with my Civil Rights. She keeps moving my desk." Civil Rights?! What 8 year old talks about that?! The only thing running through my head at that point was---man, how am I going to handle this one. While he began to explain his case about how his Civil Rights were being "messed with" by this girl who kept pushing her desk into his, I truly had to bite back a laugh. I quickly handled the situation, taking care of both parties involved in the "movement", but seriously, listening to a child talk abut their Civil Rights with such a serious face and furrowed brows was almost too much!

He'd make a perfect lawyer.

No comments: