Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Little did I know.......

I was on my way back to my work station today when one of my co-workers grabbed my attention and said, "I just wanted to let you know that you are NOT an alien."

My first response was a surprised, "OH! Well that's good to know."

I always thought myself a citizen of the U.S. so I couldn't imagine why they'd think I'd be an alien. I'm not from across the border and I've got papers to prove it. Pahhhh!

Of course I figured that wasn't the kind of "alien" they were referring to.

She went on to explain that my work has been so extraordinary that they thought it just had to be done by someone out of this world.

Nope. That's just my amazing skills shining through the glare of the fluorescents on the production floor.

While she went on singing my praises, she explained that her comment was meant to be taken as a compliment. I thanked her for the kind thought (LOL-as goofy as it sounded) and tried to move on as there were other people sitting around that were listening in. Other data entriers that were not told they were "out of this world". I secretly wanted her to just stop.

I don't need daggers being shot at me while I try to make my quota! LOL!

No comments: