Thursday, July 31, 2008

Wet Your Whistle

As my mom watches my two little cousins during the week, they have gotten into the routine of following me down the hallway to my room when I get home from work. (The lil fella is 3 years old and the lil lady is 18 months.) Apparently it's a real treat to them. I never knew my room was so cool until they came along!

Anywho, the other day found both of them plopped up on my bed and all three of us were chillin underneath the fan when I decided to pull out something special from my "fun" drawer. A whistle. I wanted to see if they'd improved somewhat on their whistle blowing since the last time I'd pulled it out. (Or.............I just wanted a good laugh!) So I let the little lady take a turn but didn't see much of a change in her technique, she was still as funny as ever. As I handed the whistle to the lil fella, I sat back and waited to see what he would do. Once he started blowing it, he couldn't stop! He blew-blew-blew and all you heard was that shrill sound of the little ball whirring around in the whistle, until---SPLAT! His spit came flying out of that whistle at 50mph and landed all across my cheek! That was unexpected. As I wiped the "wet stuff" off of my face I quickly retrieved the whistle before he caught his third wind.

Talk about wettin' your whistle. Despite the gross wet stuff that came flying out at super sonic speeds, it was funn-nay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My WORD!! That is too funny! I can just imagine him blowing his little heart out not knowing that he was getting a nice bath ready for you! Wish I could have seen that one.
Love ya,
Sis

Judith Anne said...

It WAS funny! Here I was expecting to have to cover my ears, not my face. Such a pleasant shower I received, wink-wink.

Love you too, Sis!