Friday, July 18, 2008

Black Blower vs. Black Beauty

My sister was having a little car trouble earlier this week so she brought it over to our house so our dad could take a look at it. What are dads for, right?! After popping the hood, he decided that it would be easier to pull out his blower and clean off her engine that way rather than wipe the dust away. My sister and I just looked at each other and laughed at the fact that he REALLY was serious, hahaha. As I needed to take care of something in the house, I left them to it.

When I came back outside, Dad had his head under the hood and Mom and my sister were standing in the grass with Bella sitting nearby. As I stepped off the walkway and into the yard my eyes were immediately drawn to Bella. I noticed she seemed very tense and nervous for some reason and had her BIG eyes on. Bella did not seem like her usual carefree self and I glanced over to where the ladies were standing and they were grinning from ear to ear. I looked back to Bella as I walked closer and noticed that her leash had been attached to the blower. (Gee, I wonder who did that?!) For those of you who don't know Bella, she is not very fond of yard equipment. My sister is supposedly trying to work on that, wink-wink.

Anywho, as I continued getting closer to her, my dad took off for the garage and Bella took that opportunity to BOLT and follow after him. All she wanted to do was put more distance between herself and that black blower, but quite the opposite happened. As she took off running, that blower was not far behind her, nipping at her heels! She was in a frenzy to shake that thing loose and it went sailing across the yard after her. Never have I seen a blower move that fast! We ladies were laughing at the scene before us and Dad had no clue. He finally turned around to see what we were laughing at and took notice of poor Bella nervously twittering around behind him. He unhooked her from her torment and freed the poor black beauty. (I'm referring to Bella, not my dad's tools.)

No comments: